Table of Contents
- Why Renewing Your Driving License is important?
- How much does it cost to renew my driver license?
- Are there any fines or penalties if I have an expired driver license?
- How to Renew Your Driving License in Malaysia?
- Online Renewal Process of driving license
- Offline renewal process of driving license
- Payment methods for driving license renewal
- Done with renewing driving license? Want to earn RM150 in less than 2 days?
- How to Get Started with Dash?
- Follow us on Instagram and join our Telegram community as well.
- Want to know what our dashers say?
Do not index
Do not index
If you're a Malaysian and have recently noticed that your driving license is expired or about to expire, don't worry! In this blog post, we'll guide you through the process of renewing your driving license in Malaysia, and by the end of it, we hope you'll not only have a renewed license but also be ready to explore an exciting opportunity we have at the end of this article.
Driving with an expired license is not only illegal but can also lead to fines and other consequences. To ensure you stay on the right side of the law and enjoy uninterrupted access to the road, it's crucial to renew your driving license now.
You need to renew your driving license before it expires to avoid summons. You may choose the validity duration of your driving license.
The renewal cost of Class D (car driving license) is RM30/year. You may choose to renew for either 1, 3 or 5 years.
We would suggest you renew for 5 years so that you can drive worry free for 5 years. It is also great to set a reminder on your phone for the next renewal date so that you don’t need to remember it and you can easily escape from getting any fine for expired driving license later.
Yes. You need to pay summons if you drive without a valid driving license or with an expired driving license. The following is the amount that you have to pay over time.
- Within 15 days: RM150
- 16 - 30 days: RM200
- More than 30 days: RM300
We would advise you to renew your driving license at least 1 month before it expires.To make this easy, save the date on your calendar today. And it is very easy to renew an expired driving license.
Online Renewal Process of driving license
You need to visit myeg website to renew your driving license online. The steps are below: 1. Click the “Login/Register” button on the top right corner of the myeg website. Or simply click here to visit the “login/register” page. 2. You may click the “Create Account” button to create an account if you do not have any 3. Fill in the required details 4. Click on the “Renewing Driving License” button 5. Fill in all the required information 6. Select your payment method & make payment 7. You may check your digital driving license in MyJPJ app
*Note: Make sure all the information is correct upon payment confirmation. Don’t forget to save the receipt as proof if necessary.
Offline renewal process of driving license
- Post Office (Post Malaysia): To renew your driver's license, it is required that you provide both your MyKad and your existing driver's license.*
- Road Transport Department Malaysia (JPJ): To initiate the renewal of your driver's license, you may visit any nearby JPJ office as well. During this visit, ensure you bring along your MyKad and existing driver's license.*
- • Urban Transformation Centre (UTC): Many UTCs conveniently house JPJ branches. For a seamless driving license renewal process, consider visiting your nearest UTC. Additional details, such as venue locations, operating hours, and more, can be found on the UTC website.* *Until further notice.
Whether opting for online or in-person renewal, a variety of payment choices are typically available, including credit/debit cards or other electronic payment methods.
Do you want to earn extra income instead of paying fines for an expired driving license? Be a Dasher & start earning extra income by driving without owning a car. Dash offers an excellent opportunity for individuals with a valid driving license. As a Dasher, you can choose to deliver cars or become a personal driver based on your time availability, location, and job preferences. Dash provides a flexible and rewarding platform for those looking to earn money through driving. You can earn up to RM3000/Month by driving cars without owning a car.
How to Get Started with Dash?
- Install Dash App. To install, click here.
- Sign in/Sign up.
- Upload your renewed driving license to the Dash App.
- Start earning money as a Dasher with Dash's flexible and rewarding driving opportunities.
Renewing your driving license in Malaysia is a simple process, and with Dash, you can turn this necessity into an exciting extra earning opportunity. Take the first step towards a renewed license and explore the possibilities of being a Dasher with Dash. Visit Dash App today and embark on a journey of earning while enjoying the freedom of the road. Drive safe, drive smart, and Dash on!